AIRSTEP BW Edition User Manual
- Turn off the Bluetooth of your smart device that paired with KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR before.
- Turn on the power switch of the KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR, and enable the Bluetooth via the button on KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR. (Because AIRSTEP BW Edition can only control one device at the same time, please keep only one of the KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR enable).
- Turn on the power of AIRSTEP BW Edition, AIRSTEP BW Edition will automatically recognize and establish a connection with KATANA-AIR or WAZA-AIR. After the connection indicator changes from flash to solid, it means that successfully connected. After the connection is established, you can turn on the Bluetooth of your smart device. If you need to use AIRSTEP BW Edition and the BTS App together, please check the related chapter below.
So far the FUNC button next to the power switch is not functional, it is reserved for the future use if necessary.
The control modes of AIRSTEP BW Edition: Press and hold A/B/C/B+C and turn on the power switch to select between Mode 1/2/3/4. Long press to trigger the function of the second row in the sheet.
|Control Modes||FS A||FS B||FS C||FS D||FS E|
|Mode 1||BOOSTER||FX||1. CH GRN / 2. Select CH A||1. CH RED / 2. Select CH B||1. CH ORG / 2. PANEL|
|Mode 2||BOOSTER||FX||DELAY2||1. CH - / 2. PANEL||1. CH + / 2. PANEL|
|Mode 3||1. BOOSTER / 2. CH A GRN||1. MOD / 2. CH A RED||1. FX / 2. CH A ORG||1. DELAY / 2. CH B GRN||1. REVERB & DELAY2 / 2. CH B RED|
|Mode 4||CH A GRN||CH A RED||CH A ORG||CH B GRN||1. CH B RED / 2. CH B ORG|
|Control Modes||FS A||FS B||FS C||FS D||FS E|
|Mode 1||BOOSTER||FX||1. CH 1/4 / 2. Select CH 1-3||1. CH 2/5 / 2. Select CH 4-6||CH 3/6|
|Mode 2||BOOSTER||FX||DELAY2||CH -||CH +|
|Mode 3||1. BOOSTER / 2. CH 1||1. MOD / 2. CH 2||1. FX / 2. CH 3||1. DELAY / 2. CH 4||1. REVERB & DELAY2 / 2. CH 5|
|Mode 4||CH 1||CH 2||CH 3||CH 4||1. CH 5 / 2. CH 6|
Channel indicating in different control modes:
Mode 1: When the connection indicator is blue, it indicates Select CH 1-3 or CH A, when it is green, it indicates Select CH4-6 or CH B.
Mode 2&3: The Footswitch LED indicates the current channel via blinking in green color. For indicating the sixth channel, FS D LED and FS E LED will blink green together. If you want to disable this function, hold Footswitch E and turn on the power switch.
Toggle effects indicating: In Mode 1-Mode 3, The Footswitch LED will indicate the on/off status of effects via solid blue color/off.
About the FUNC button: You can save the current patch to KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR via long-press the FUNC button.
Use AIRSTEP BW Edition and the BTS App at the same time:
Make sure the AIRSTEP BW Edition has been connected to KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR before the next steps. If you are not sure what to do, recheck 1-3 to make sure AIRSTEP BW Edition has been connected to KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR as the preparation.
- Turn on the Bluetooth of your smart device that using BTS App for KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR. If it is an Android device, please turn on the location, too.
- Bluetooth pair AIRSTEP BW Edition with your smart device.
- Enter the BTS App, and pair AIRSTEP BW Edition in the “Bluetooth MIDI Device”, then choose AIRSTEP BW Edition in “CONNECT”, click “OK”. for the method of using AIRSTEP BW Editon and the BTS App together, you only need to connect AIRSTEP BW Edition in the BTS App, not WAZA-AIR/KATANA-AIR.
- After the parameter editing page shows, it means successful connection. Now you can use AIRSTEP BW Edition to control the KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR and using BTS App to edit the presets at the same time. For this kind of connection method, you need to make sure to connect AIRSTEP BW Edition to KATANA-AIR/WAZA-AIR as the first step, and then connect AIRSTEP BW Edition to BTS App as the second step.
Note: Although AIRSTEP BW Edition can be paired with the smart device, it is not supported by AIRSTEP App. You can pair AIRSTEP BW Edition in the AIRSTEP App, however, AIRSTEP BW Edition won’t respond to any editing.
Charging: Use the USB charging cable in the accessory or the 9v standard pedal power. When fully charged, the charging indicator will turn green, then you can unplug the power. Please do not keep it plugged in to prevent overcharging which will reduce battery life Upgrade Firmware Mode: Hold FS D and turn on the power.
[Click Here](https://www.showdoc.com.cn/1577078793435427/7664937970336640 "Click here") to check the firmware upgrade tutorial(If necessary). [Click Here](https://www.showdoc.com.cn/1577078793435427/7779365513378669 "Click Here") to check the FAQ.